Paid Vacancy: Volunteer Co-ordinator
Volunteer & Community Lead – Job Description
Job Title: Volunteer Co-ordinator
Hours: 21 hours per week
Salary: £16,200 pro-rata (plus NI & Pension)
Contract: Two-year fixed term appointment (with potential to extend)
Line Managed by: Fundraising Manager
Responsible for: Volunteer recruitment, co-ordination, support and development
Location: Remote working (One day minimum at 54 Station Road)
Job Purpose: Community Volunteers are vital to the work of the Sickle Cell Society. They help us in many ways such as increasing awareness and understanding of sickle cell, involving local people with the work of the Society and raising much needed funds to help us improve the lives of individuals with sickle cell and their families.
The role of the Volunteer Coordinator is to take responsibility and leadership in developing our existing volunteers and recruiting/growing the number of volunteers at the Society. Essential is your ability to deploy them into tasks/roles suitable to their individual skills; to enable them to have a positive experience in supporting the work of the Society.
Main areas of focus volunteers are required for include;
- Service-user/Members events e.g. Annual General Meeting, face to face and/or online workshops and project activities/events, children’s activities;
- Supporting the Helpline team to have advice stands at national events e.g. British Society of Haematologists, ASCAT (Annual Scientific Conference on Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia), universities’ and Black History Month events and activities;
- Annual Children’s holiday – a 2-3 day event during the summer;
- Community outreach to support awareness raising / engagement;
- HQ office support;
- Social media activity;
- Fundraising e.g. supporting regional and national community fundraising;
- Co-ordinating volunteers to support the successful development of local SCD support groups.
The role will be supported by the Fundraising Manager and work closely across all our staff teams.
Before applying, please ensure you have read through the full Job Description and Person Specification.
Then, please complete the Application Form and return the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- Closing date: Tuesday 25th October 2022 at midnight.
- Interviews: Monday 31st October to Tuesday 8th November 2022.
- Please make sure that you demonstrate how you are suitable for this role in your application by referring to the person specification.
- Please note that we do not accept CVs and all applicants must reside in the UK.
- This post will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at Enhanced Level.
About the Sickle Cell Society
The Sickle Cell Society is the only national charity in the UK that supports and represents people affected by a sickle cell disorder to improve their overall quality of life. First set up as a registered charity in 1979, the Sickle Cell Society has been working alongside health care professionals, parents, and people living with sickle cell to raise awareness of the disorder. The Society’s aim is to support those living with sickle cell, empowering them to achieve their full potential.
Job Description and Person Specification: Volunteer Co-ordinator
Application Form: https://www.sicklecellsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/SCS-Job-Application-Form-2022-002.pdf