Charities and patient support groups are invited to a webinar on the NHS genotyping programme for patients with sickle cell, thalassaemia, and transfusion dependant rare anaemias at 11am to 11.45am on Wednesday, September 27.
Patients with these disorders can now have their extended blood groups genotyped, to enable better matched blood transfusions in the future, improving patient care.
This webinar is for organisations who work with people with these disorders – it’s a chance to ask questions to help communicate the benefits.
The panel will include:
- Sara Trompeter – Consultant Haematologist and Paediatric Haematologist at University College London NHS Foundation Trust and NHS Blood and Transplant.
- John James OBE – Chief Executive of the Sickle Cell Society.
- Ryan Mullally – Consultant Haematologist at Whittington Health NHS Trust and University College London NHS Foundation Trust.
- Roanna Maharaj – Public Health, Education and Patient Advocacy Lead at the UK Thalassaemia Society.
- Vicki Chalker – Chief Scientific Officer at NHS Blood and Transplant.
The programme is delivered by NHS Blood and Transplant and funded by NHS England.
Please add to your diary for 11am to 11.45am on Wednesday, September 27.
Meeting ID: 399 842 483 127