‘South London Gives’ and ‘Give Blood, Spread Love’
The Sickle Cell Society’s blood donation projects are registering new blood donors to help address the need for more people of black heritage to give blood. The project’s goals are to engage individuals and communities from African and Caribbean backgrounds to become aware of the need for ethnically matched blood to treat people with sickle cell disorder.
Currently only 1% of people who donate blood are of black heritage.
How can you Help?
- Become a blood donor. Sign up to the blood donation register here: http://bit.ly/scsgiveblood
- Spread awareness. We have put together a range of exciting content which can be shared on your Social Media channels, by email within your workplace, in your family WhatsApp groups and more…
Spread Awareness by Email or WhatsApp
Promote and Enter Our Monthly Competition on Social
We’ve partnered up with some amazing businesses & some super kind people who have generously donated a range of special gifts to support our cause. Our competition rules are:
1. Register to donate blood today at bit.ly/scsgiveblood
2. Share it on your social. Take a screenshot, share this image or a selfie.
3. Nominate 3 friends to get involved. As a thank you for turning up the volume you’ll be entered into our monthly prize draw.
This month, we’re giving away a Lush Goody bag, the winner will be announced 30/10/20.
Share our Competition at your University, Organisation or Workplace
We have a limited range of printed promotional cards available, with details of our monthly competition and how to enter.
Please see below for a preview and contact email@example.com for more details.
Take the Microphone!
We have a growing community of Give Blood Squad members. Our squad are dedicated to spreading awareness around blood donation and encouraging people of black-heritage to register to donate. Our squad is made up of blood donors and people living with sickle cell disorder. Get involved.
- Register to become a blood donor, if you can at bit.ly/scsgiveblood
- Visit https://www.instagram.com/givebloodspreadlove/
South London Gives has a team of trained Community Advocate volunteers who use their networks of family, friends, neighbours, work colleagues, churches and leisure interests to highlight the importance of blood donation and encourage others to share the message too, gradually sparking more and more people to get involved and advocate for change.
Interested in becoming a community advocate?
Show Your Support
Don’t use social media? Send it across to your networks on WhatsApp with our registration link http://bit.ly/scsgiveblood
Share Encouraging Facts
Share this factual sequence of images on an Instagram or Facebook carousel/slideshow.
“Blood donation only takes 1 hour from start to finish. Which is about the time it takes to scroll your Instagram feed at lunch, watch an episode of your favourite series… Do something meaningful today.”
Download the images below:
Thanks for Turning up the Volume on Blood Donation!
Please contact us if you have any queries around how to use these resources:
Tracy Williams – Project Manager – South London Gives: firstname.lastname@example.org
Olivia Anastasiou – Digital Marketing Officer – Give Blood, Spread Love: email@example.com