Each year, we take children with sickle cell on holiday. The Sickle Cell Society provides a one week holiday for up to 30 children aged between 7 and 17 with sickle cell disease to improve their quality of life.
The holiday turns sickles into smiles, providing respite for carers, and the children get a lot out of it.
Michelle, age 9, says: “I had a wonderful time meeting other children in the same situation like me, we shared our experiences together which boosted my confidence”.
Bolaji, age 12, says: “I learnt that I am not the only one that has
sickle cell. It’s good to know that I’m not alone and I can hang around with people who understand me”.
The holiday is funded entirely by generosity. We need to raise £25,000 by 31st March 2015 to give these children the best summer holiday.
There’s lots of ways you can help, and we hope you’ll consider doing something.
1. Donate by text. Text CHFD48 £3 to 70070.
2. Donate online. Click here to make a contribution.
3. Hold a fundraising event. Please email email@example.com for a fundraising pack.
4. Share this post on your Twitter or Facebook.
5. Print out a poster [pdf] and display it in your window or at work.
We can’t do this without you. Please help in any way you can.